2020 Adult Class Ski Lessons for Beginners & Intermediate – four week session or Drop In
ONGOING – Ski Buddy Program:
This is a free program for adult skiers and want-to-be skiers. We will pair novice skiers with seasoned expert skiers, (your friends and neighbors who ski better than you.)
~This program is for those who have some experience Nordic skiing, ice skating or downhill skiing.
~ If you are not physically fit and have never skied before this program is not for you.
Reasons you might want a ski buddy…
- You’re a classic skier but want to learn how to skate ski
- You want to build confidence going down hills
- You want to learn how to go uphill more easily
- You can ski but aren’t familiar with the trails
- You know how to downhill ski but have never tried cross country
- You are looking to improve your technique and get faster or be more efficient
That’s up to you and your ski mentor. It could be weekends, mornings or late afternoons. This program will continue until there is no more snow. Ski with your new buddy once a week, or more and become a better skier.
How to Apply: Send the following info to me via email at Coordinator@denalinordicskiclub.org. Or, look for forms around town at the Post Office, Library, Talkeetna Roadhouse Hardware Store, and Cubby’s.
Your Name and phone number
Ski Club Member? Yes________________ NO __________________
Membership is not required but please consider becoming one by signing up here: Membership
- Skiing ability (write a few words that describes your skiing experience, if any) and what you hope to learn.
Please tell us the type of skis, poles and boots that you have. Your boots need to match your bindings. For classic skis the ski poles should come up to your armpits. For skate skis the poles come up to your nose.
If you are not sure then look at the ski and bindings and there should be numbers on both.
For example: Fischer skis 185 cm long with NNN, SNS, 3-pin bindings. Boots are NNN or SNS or 3-pin.
- What is on the bottom of the skis? Scales? No scales? If there are no scales then you have waxable skis. Do you know how to wax skis? ______________
If there are fish scales in the center of the ski then you have wax-less skis and you don’t have to do anything to the bottom of them.
- To the best of your ability please tell us what ski gear you will you be using: _
- When’s the best time of day or week for you to ski? You’ll want 1-2 hours. It can be anytime during daylight hours.
This is an ongoing program. There is no deadline for applying. We’ll ski until there is no more snow!