It’s a wrap on Oosik 2021. We look forward to seeing you IN PERSON on Saturday March 12, 2022!
All buffs have been mailed! If you didn’t get yours send an email to email@example.com.
And the Winners Are…
Furthest Skiers from Talkeetna: Tunnel Family of Maine competing in both the 25/50K divisions – Loon Glass of Talkeetna fused glass window hanging
Oldest Skier in the 50K – John Wood, Eagle River (73 years young) Acai Anchorage Gift Certificate
Youngest Skier in the 25K – Patton Douthit, Eagle river (6 years young) Acai Anchorage Gift Certificate
Best Costume: Williams Family of Anchorage celebrating PI day (3.14) skiing on 3/14 – Loon Glass of Talkeetna fused glass window hanging
Special Creative Costume Prize: Joe Page, Talkeetna “Skiing” in the Arizona desert of Arizona photo series (check out the Oosik FB page) – Conscious Coffee Gift Certificate
Wooden Woolie Division
All four entrants were great and true to the theme with woolen clothes, leather boots, wood skis and poles. Each will receive a Ski Talkeetna wool hat.
Roger Robinson of Talkeetna, Harold and Barbara Parker, Eagle River and Wendy Lindberg, Anchorage
Junior Oosik: Best costume while skiing
Giant Dog – Jaide Workman of Willow, Spinach Break Gift Certificate
We used an online random number generator to pick 7 numbers between 1-253. The numbers correspond to the order a person registered.
(164)Miriam Maroney, Palmer – Acai Anchorage Gift Certificate
(32) Sophia Kristich, Palmer – Talkeetna Air Taxi Hydroflask thermos
(210) Bobbie Jones, Colorado – Handmade in Talkeetna by DNSC board member Sam Christmas, wood/metal bottle opener
(62) Dana Bruden, Anchorage – Handmade in Talkeetna Wool Mittens from The Wright Mitten
(127) Art Copoulos, Anchorage – Acai Anchorage Gift Certificate
(129) Courtney Shaffer, Talkeetna – Talkeetna Spinach Bread Gift Certificate
(251) Michael Dickinson, Wasilla – Conscious Coffee Gift Certificate