Jr. Oosik Information
10:30 am for 1,2, and 4 km
*Place: Oosik race start – Gravel Pit near Mile 11/Whigmi Road
*Sign up is from 9:40-10:15 at race start
*Cost: Your volunteer time before, during or after Jr Oosik Race. (See below for volunteer duties). We also gladly accept donations to cover the cost of medals and after-race snacks (donation bucket at sign-up table of junior race)
- Skiers ages 6 and under: 1 kilometer
- Skiers age 7-9: 2 kilometers
- Skiers age 10-15: 4 kilometers (age group categories: 10-12 and 13-15)
10K Race is at 12:30 starting with the 25K racers and is $20.00. Register before March 10th through Webscorer.
- Skiers 16+: 10 kilometers (age group categories: 16-18, 19+)
- Medals will go to the top three finishers in each age category and ribbons to all finishers!
- Skiers may choose a course that is not in their age range, but if they are an older skier skiing in a lower age category they will not be able to earn a medal. (for example, a 9 year old may ski in the 4 kilometer race, but will compete with older skiers for medal. A 9 year old may ski in the 1 kilometer race but will not be able to compete for a medal)
* This is a classic-only race, no skate skis unless they are waxed for classic skiing! DO NOT send junior skiers to the wax tent. If you do not know how to wax skis, use fishscale/waxless skis.
* Cookies/snacks and hot drinks will be provided
Parent Volunteer Duties:
* 3 parents for registration and helping with bibs
*3 parent volunteers for the finish line (2 to time, 1 to write down times, 1 to give out ribbons,)
* 2 parents for food/drink table
*2-3 parents on-course at junctions
* 2-4 parents for trail sweep and picking up signs
Contact: Aubrey Smith