Jr. Oosik Information
10:15am for 4km and 10:30 am for .5, 1, and 2 km
*Place: Oosik race start – Gravel Pit near Mile 11/Whigmi Road
*Registration is from 9:45-10:15 at race start.
*Cost: Your volunteer time before, during or after Jr Oosik Race. (See below for volunteer duties). We also gladly accept donations to cover the cost of medals and after-race snacks (donation bucket at sign-up table of junior race)
- Skiers ages 6 and under: .5 or 1 kilometer
- Skiers age 7-9: 2 kilometers
- Skiers age 10-14: 4 kilometers (separate girls and boys category for medals)
For 15yrs old and up: 10K Race is $30.00 for 18&Under. Register before March 10th through Webscorer on the main Oosik page.
- A younger skier may choose to race in a longer distance, but will be competing with older skiers for the top finishes.
- Medals will go to the top three finishers in each age category (except .5km) and ribbons to all finishers!
- These races will be untimed.
* This is a classic-only race, no skate skis unless they are waxed for classic skiing! DO NOT send junior skiers to the wax tent. If you do not know how to wax skis, use fishscale/waxless skis.
* Cookies/snacks and hot drinks/water will be provided
Parent Volunteer Duties:
* 3 parents for registration and helping with bibs
*3 parent volunteers for the finish line (2 to time, 1 to write down times, 1 to give out ribbons,)
* 2 parents for food/drink table
*2-3 parents on-course at junctions
* 2-4 parents for trail sweep and picking up signs
Contact: Aubrey Smith